Something new! While it’s not CARP, here’s what I’ve been doing. This particular project is the culmination of about eighty hours or so of mostly-traditional work over a two week period. The top section is made up of some “quick” (read about three hours) thumbnails from which I chose the circled one as my subject. I then altered it, drew it full-size (about 9″x6″) in pencil on four pieces of marker paper (in layers) and then inked it on a fifth piece of marker paper (as seen in the second panel). After critique from my instructor, I added a lot more detail in the form of the floor tiles (never want to plot something like that again), ceiling pit and rocks, and little textures on the women themselves. The text I added in digitally using a font called Abyssal Barazhad which is based on the script of the same name in Dungeons and Dragons. The shading, of course, took almost no time (about four hours) and was done in ArtRage (yay!) with the marker tool on a single multiply layer above the actual drawing. There’s another round of critique left, and this will, no doubt, be updated once I make any changes suggested by my instructor.
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy seeing some of my university work and, of course, the progress I’m making. Thank you all once again for the incredible patience you have shown. And don’t forget to check The Fish-Wrapper occasionally as well for news and bloginess.
Until next time,